Some ways to give thanks for this year
This past year has been a very good year for all of us. New cars, houses, jobs, engagements, admission to higher education, new additions to our family (babies/spouses), good health, etc. I’m sure the list can go on. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives that we forget how lucky we are not to be working for $4 per hour, or have family and friends to support us. We all have spent many hours during our college days volunteering, and I personally have lost sight of that since I started working. Our duty to help those less fortunate is ongoing, and we should step up to the plate now more than ever.
So I decided to find a way I could give back, and found an organization that is doing incredible things, that can really use some help.
The organization is Camp Interactive (www.campinteractive.org). The simplest way to describe this organization is a non profit that empowers inner-city youth through the inspiration of the outdoors and the creative power of technology. I’m reaching out to you to see if you have any interest in helping in any small or large way.
Small ways to help (esp for my non NY peeps):
1. Vote for Camp Interactive to get a 25K check from Chase Bank as part of a local non profit support campaign they have introduced. Just click here: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/651303 and fan the program, and then vote for Camp Interactive. We need at least 1000 votes to be in the running. After you vote, ask a few friends to vote too! - all this costs you is about 30 seconds of your time!
2. Fan us on facebook: www.facebook.com/CampInteractive
3. Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/campinteractive
Medium way to help:
Join us for our Ice Skating Fundraiser on Sunday, Dec 13th (http://techiesgiveback.org/)Location: Chelsea PiersTime: 1-4:30pmPrice $35-$40 (includes after party)You can register here: http://techiesgiveback.eventbrite.com/(limited availability)
Large ways to help:
1. Join Camp Interactive! We are currently in heavy need of strong volunteers to join our Young Executive Board, and in need of fundraising experts. If you or anyone you know is interesting in joining the cause, please feel free to reach out to us directly: http://campinteractive.org/?page=getinvolved-volunteer
2. Donate to the cause. If you are in a position to make a monetary contribution, it is greatly appreciated, as all organizations like ours simply cannot exist without funding. You can donate by clicking the blue button at the top right of our site here: http://campinteractive.org/ No contribution is too small.
If you have any questions about how you can help/join, reach out to me anytime!
I truly appreciate any small or large contribution you can offer, thank you all.